Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Do Androids Dream?" Climax

I really liked the climax of this book.  I thought it was very interesting and surprising.  The climax really brought everything together and connected the different stories of the novel.  For me, it cleared up some confusions I had had throughout the book.  It also revealed secrets that were kept under wraps throughout the chapters.  The climax definitely met my expectations.  It was exciting and intriguing.  I was throughly entertained and it kept me interested.  The whole situation with Rachel and Rick definitely added some drama to the story.  Their relationship was very complicated and it definitely came to a halt in the climax. In my opinion, the true nature of many characters was revealed.  It was the final confrontation between androids and humans.  Rick killed Pris and Rachel killed Rick's goat.  It was sort of a back and forth battle.  In additions, I think the whole situation with Mercer was very interesting.  Throughout the novel, it is questioned whether Mercer is real or made-up.  In the climax, it is revealed that he is indeed fake.  I think that really added a lot of suspense to the final chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment